Pages

Kid's Table and Chair Overhaul

Throw your hands in the air if you love hand-me-downs!  (That's my way of keepin' things gangsta!)

Table and Chairs Redo - Chalkboard Paint

In December, my sister-in-law passed down a well-loved Dora the Explorer table that her gals had outgrown.  That very table ended up being Junebug's Christmas gift from Santa--that is, after Santa's elves did an overhaul!  (And it has taken me 3 months to actually post the transformation!)

Here's what we started with...

Chair redo

I forgot to take a photo before I started sanding the paint down.  I wanted nice plain chairs, and as you can see the chairs are formed in the same shape as the characters that are painted on them.  The "elves" didn't want to have funky shaped chairs, so we called in the assistance of our dear friend (and one of Junebug's favorite people because he always plays "3-2-1 BLAST-OFF" with her), Mr. Tim.  Tim does some fabulous woodworking so he had the tools and the skills to round off the chairs to make them a bit more uniform. 

December 22 2010 002

It's great to have other creative folks in your circle who are willing to help! 

Table and Chairs Redo - Chalkboard Paint

So, a few coats of spraypaint later, we had a table!  The top is chalkboard paint, which in hindsight is a bad choice for a toddler since now is the time to teach that it's inappropriate to write on furniture.  Live and learn, I guess.
Junebug with new table

Here's the moment Junebug discovered that Santa brought a new table and chairs.  Isn't that little Reindeer on her bottom to-die-for??

If you love chalkboard paint like I love chalkboard paint, keep your eyes peeled for Sharon's next post! 

Tristin Signature

3 comments:

  1. That's the cutest little reindeer butt I've ever seen and the table and chairs are adorable too. What an exciting Christmas morning! The Elves did fabulous work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so cute! I've been having so much fun browsing around your blog. Just came across it today and I'm a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

We cherish your questions, comments, and love. If you're not a fan, why not find something you do love and leave some love there?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...